Wondering if people are talking about your book baby? There’s a simple way to know when your book gets press.
Of course, like everything else in life, this method may fail now and then. But if you don’t have time to scour the web every day, this is a helpful tool.
Learning When Your Book Gets Press
If you already love Google, here’s another reason to fall deeper in love. With Google Alerts, you get alerted when your book gets press. Setting up a Google Alert for yourself (or anything else you want) is simple. Here’s how.
- Go to google.com/alerts.
- In the space that reads “Create an alert about . . .”, type in your name or the title of your book.
- Before you click “Create Alert,” click the arrow beside “Show options.”
- Choose how often you want to receive alerts. You can learn when your book gets press immediately, daily, or weekly.
- Pick whether you only want results from specific sites. Automatic will alert you of any press your book gets, no matter what type of site it comes from.
- You can then choose your language preference and what region you want alerts to come from. Any Region alerts you no matter where in the world your book press originates.
- Beside “How many,” choose “All results. Otherwise, Google only sends what they consider the best results. That may limit the number of emails you receive.
- Select to have your alerts delivered to your email address, then hit “Create Alert.”
Now, you’re all set! If someone talks about your book online, you should get an email with a link to the chatter.
What to Do with Your Book Press
Now that you know what press your book is receiving, what do you do with it?
First, do a little dance. Millions of books get published every year. If someone chooses to talk about yours, that’s a big deal.
Once you’ve got the blood flowing, use that press to your advantage. Talk about it on your author website. Don’t have an author website? Your social media site will work nicely. Be sure to include a direct link to the site that gave your book press. That way, your fans can read the source material. Who knows? It may encourage them to talk about your book on their website!
Getting Your Book Mentioned Starts with Publishing
The first step to getting press for your book is publishing your book. If you need help getting over that hurdle, we’re here to help. Take a peek around our site to see if we look like the book publishing company for you. Like what you see? Submit your manuscript for consideration.